Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The best of fiction and non-fiction for 2013.

It's Christmas Day. Merry Christmas everyone! I'm sitting here with nothing else to do until this afternoon so I figured it would be a good time to get out my best-of lists. These lists present the best fiction and non-fiction I have read for the year of 2013. I whittled it down to a best ten list for fiction. However, since I read much less non-fiction, I narrowed that list down to the top five.The books are listed in no particular order. I've linked the title to my review on The Novel Pursuit, Cool and Blue Review or my Goodreads page.

Best Fiction of 2013

1. Poe - J. Lincoln Fenn
2. Night Film - Marrisa Oessl
3. Sociopaths in Love - Anderson Punty
4. Shatnerquest - Jeff Burk
5. Doctor Sleep - Stephen King
6. The Hanging Judge - Michael Posner
7. The Thicket - Joe R Lansdale
8. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
9. In the Land of the Living by Austin Radner
10. Psycho Within Us - Chad Huskins

 Best non-fiction for 3013

1. Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth - Reza Aslan
2. How Music Works - David Byrne
3. The Leonard Bernstein Letters - edited by Nigel Simeone
4. Junipero Serra: California's Founding Father - Steven W. Hackel
5. Respect Yourself: Stax Records and the Soul Explosion - Robert Gordon

Good reading and a happy new years.


No comments:

Post a Comment